Monday, April 21, 2008

Attitude of Christ


Laura had a wonderful wedding feast with over 500 guests on April 12th. It was a beautiful wedding with a two cow reception. We are still eating some of the barbeque here at the base. Everyone looked so beautiful and I forgot to take pictures. After the wedding, half of the clinic went back to the states. The dimension of the clinic team has drastically changed. This first week of change has gone very smooth. Dr. Angelica and Dan are here leading the team while Laura is on her honeymoon and in the states. Dr. Eder and his wife are moving into the clinic this evening. We have had meetings to talk about job descriptions. I am officially in charge of the pharmacy.
Pharmacy is not my favorite job but I am learning to have a servant’s attitude, the attitude of Christ. Even so, I am going to be able to help in other areas of the clinic too. I am excited about maybe helping with spiritual care by praying for the women that come to the clinic with Elisabeth and her helping translate. Because of my lack of Spanish knowledge, my ability to do other jobs is limited. I truly love having contact with people and praying for them. But being in the pharmacy puts a limit on the amount of contact I have with the patients that come in to the clinic.
When you choose to serve, you don’t get to always pick the area you want to serve in. Or necessarily even have fun doing it all the time. I thought I had somewhat of a servant’s heart and I know I still do but God is deepening my understanding of what it truly means to have a servant’s heart and attitude. Having a servant’s heart is having the attitude of Christ. His attitude was one of humility. He was God almighty in the flesh here on earth. He was mistreated, beaten, and crucified. This is the attitude we are suppose to imitate. I am sure that Jesus did not have fun or enjoy those moments. He did His father’s will regardless of what the outcome was. Jesus saw the big picture, the picture of the Kingdom of heaven coming to earth. Wow, I want to be more like Christ. I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit is at work in my heart and in all of ours. He continues to conform us into His image and even uses us during the process.


Here is a picture of me taking stiches out of the browline of the head mechanic on the base

This past Saturday, a pastor was having a conference for the crippled and blind in the town of Jameltapec. The clinic team was able to go and do consultations. So this past week I was busy getting the mobile pharmacy and supplies together and purchasing needed medications. On the outreach we saw over a 100 patients. The day went by so fast. Every patient got prayed for and free medical care. It was a day full of hard work but we felt like a lot got accomplished.
We had the mobile clinic in the downtown square. Here is Miseala handing out filled prescriptions
Here is a picture of the stage being set up for worship and preaching in downtown jameltapec

Pray requests:
~FUNDS for medications and clinic needs
~Next village trip is May 11th
~God's continued help with my spanish
Praise Reports:
~The wedding was Great!
~God provided medications for the Jameltapec outreach and used our team to share the Gospel
~God is so faithful to His children

Philipians 2:5-11 says
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
as usual - your journal entry blessed me. I was feeling sorry for myself about something and feeling "wronged" by another person. Your comments about having the same attitude of Christ - having such humility -- really reminded me of how my attitude should be -- not just when I'm happy, but also when I feel wronged or am tempted to act victimized. thank you for sharing your heart. God always uses a word from you when I read your experiences. love,
Kim
will be praying for you. . .

Eddie and Leeann Kelley said...

Sarah girl! you bless me! I am so happy that you all are blogging.

It is good to know that you are taking care of things!

We are going to cross the border into the states tomorrow. Had a great time with our daughter and her family. Their 9-month old, Kai, is a nut. He loves music. We went to a restaurant and he really "got down" when they were playing jazz...it was hilarious.

It is good to grow in God's discipline, isn't it....not always comfortable, but joyous.

Oh, we bought the tickets so we can fly home for Christmas...thank you Jesus!

Love you, Leeann

coffeegirl said...

Sarah,
I will continue to pray for your spanish knowledge, reading your blog and your honesty is a blessing to me. I love you!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I miss you!!! Thank you for your words. They are a blessing to read. I am so excited to hear what God is doing. His kingdom is being advanced! I will be praying for you. Keep pressing on!
Love you girl!
amy :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are still here!! Love your updates! Prayer requests, no problem. It is so, so hard to do the things that we don't "enjoy" or don't feel like it's what we "should" be doing. I'm so glad that you are learning to put your own feelings aside in order to fulfill your duty to the clinic, God and His people that you serve. Hang in there....your blessing is on it's way!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I thank Jesus for you, for your experiences that impart wisdom and knowledge to help grow me and everyone who reads your honest words. Jesus, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, humbled Himself to become human and die so that we could be saved. Your words have encouraged me to continue pressing into Christ, to pursue Christlike behavior, even when I don't "feel" like it. The Lord is using you in mighty ways! I am praying for you. I can't wait to see you, I miss you!
Love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

:)
That's awesome Sarah!

Glad to hear you're ROCKIN' the house in Mexico!

Blessings~
BF

Anonymous said...

It is incredible what you are a part of over there. It moves me to really search out where my place is in the Kingdom. I pray for quick healing of the people that you are encountering and for closer walks with the Lord. Can't wait for you to come home for a good game of glove bowling! But more than that, I can't wait to hear about what God is going to do during your stay there! Love ya and miss ya!
Jackie (and John says hi!)